Monday, January 23, 2012

The Way the Cookie Crumbles

It is a blue Monday here in Bmore.  It's cold, rainy, and worst of all the Ravens lost yesterday.  In the AFC Championship.  To the Patriots.  In the last seconds.  On a missed 32-yard field goal, after a dropped pass in the end zone.  It just doesn't get much worse.

Now I am just in a bad mood.  Clearly that game is going to take a few days to get over.  However, I guess I can take comfort in knowing at least my first attempt at royal icing over the weekend didn't miss the uprights.  I decided to make cookies for the game on Sunday, so I studied the fantastic tutorials at The Sweet Adventures of Sugar Belle and put them to werq.  I have to say I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.





Not bad for a beginner, right?  Yep, I even made Flacco, T-Sizzle, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed jerseys.  (Which by the way, the nice thing was I only had to learn to draw 3 numbers (5,2,and 0) between the 4 of them.) 

Maybe in a way I was hoping that kind of dedication on my part would somehow translate onto a football field 400 miles away.  

Sad Flacco :(
Maybe I should've made a Cundiff jersey....

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe these are the FIST COOKIES YOU MADE!! WOW girl! You have talent! I can't wait to see what you do next! Thanks for adding them to the Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a ton coming from a true cookie artist like you. Love your blog and love the cookie party!!

      Delete