Friday, May 11, 2012

Oh, the (Brunch) Possibilities

This Mother's Day, to avoid the crowds and add that extra bit of homemade love for the hubs' mom, we'll be hosting brunch at our house with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.  Last night, we discussed what should be on the menu, and while we haven't made any final decisions as of yet, there are all kinds of fantastic brunchy possibilities.

I am loving the idea of bite-sized anything for some reason, like these Egg, Bacon and Toast cups from Kayotic Kitchen:


And these mini quiches from the Kitchn.

Or the cutest little darned pancakes I've ever seen.
So cute I could just eat them up, literally
I do love a basket of breakfast breads at brunch, too, and we could make it even more special by adding a trio of flavored butters, like this strawberry butter from Half Baked



It's nice to have some fresh fruit at the table as well, to help offset all of that buttery, eggy, bacony goodness, and I think this spin on the fruit salad is a cool way to mix it up
Who doesn't love food on a stick?
Or we could even add some veggies to the mix, like these Zucchini Rounds from Health Magazine


But this also counts as a vegetable, right??

Bloody Mary with Old Bay
Old Bay = mandatory
I think yes.  Cheers to all the moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment