Monday, January 7, 2013

Nurspiration

Nursery + inspiration = nurspiration.  (Does that sound too much like perspiration?  Either way, the title is staying.)

For a long time after sharing the news that I was expecting, I got a question I was absolutely stumped by:  "What is the theme of your nursery going to be?"  I don't even know if I'm going to have a boy or a girl, we have no names picked out, but I'm supposed to have a theme?? You're killing me, people .

 There were a couple things I did know for certain:  the baby's room is going to be in our current guest room, the walls of that room are green, we had guests booked to stay with us through November, so we would not be repainting.  I kind of went with that response for months:  "I'm not sure, but the walls will be green."

It wasn't until I got this adorable little onesie as a gift from Baby W's auntie-to-be that I finally felt inspired:



Not only was that a perfect gender-neutral onesie, it was a perfect gender neutral theme, especially for a baby that's going to be born in Bmore!

Little did I know how very little crab nursery accoutrements there are out there.  I searched Babies R Us, Target, Buy Buy Baby, and I got nothing.  But I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  TGFE (thank goodness for etsy)

There I found Happy Mae custom crib bedding, who had crab fabric in her repertoire and worked with me to put together a crib bedding set that I could get excited about.  After picking out the patterns I thought would go well with the crab fabric, I placed my order and slapped them on an inspiration board to use as a starting point for picking out furniture, llike the Jenny Lind crib and Ikea Hemnes dresser, and went from there.

So here it is, our nursery inspiration board:

Crab Nursery


Little did I know how easy it would be to add an American flag to the mix as well, this was definitely meant to be!

Now it's really cool to see the reality starting to come together (even if that reality means I didn't get the glider I wanted since our staircase isn't wide enough, but oh well).

Hopefully our little Maryland crab-to-be will approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment